Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Infinity Collection

It's the fourth and final week of Season 7 over at Project Run & Play (here)
I have had a blast sewing along with the various themes each week. And I've been inspired and amazed by the incredible talent and creativity of both the contestants and the sew-alongers (yes it IS a word!!)

The theme for the grand finalé is "Your Signature Style".

I had to think about this one for a long while! It sounded so simple - pretty much free reign to make anything you want. But I wanted the outfit to capture all of these things:

versatile, comfortable, functional, of course cute, different, clean lines aaaaand some ruffly goodness :-).

After staring at my pile of chosen fabrics for a looong time, waiting for inspiration, it finally came together on my mind. And here it is - The Infinity Collection!


I chose the title because, even though the outfit is only 3 pieces, it yields an (almost) infinite number of combinations and different looks. Yay.

So, to the details;

The three pieces are
 1) a long sleeved dress, the top in knit (eggplant on one side and white on the reverse) and the skirt knit from variegated ruffle yarn. (This yarn is more commonly used in scarves but I'm a rebel).
 2)an infinity top (no closures - I love this style of top) which is buffalo plaid on one side and flannel on the reverse. This top is bound in the plaid and has a high-low hem - higher in front and lower in the bank panels, which means they stay closed nicely.
 3)simple reversible leggings made in the same fabrics as the dress - one side eggplant and one side white.


I drafted all the patterns myself :-)




This little collection is going to get lots of wear - it's all super cosy because of the double layers, so perfect for the chilly weather which will soon be upon us here in NY!


Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. You were busy!!! Love your little collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I was :-). But it was so much fun. Thank you so much :-))

      Delete