Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Project Run & Play Season 8

Theme: Winter Wonderland

Another season of Project Run & Play has begun! So fun. Although I haven't been managing to blog much (or at all), I HAVE been sewing and crafting a lot. But this is good motivation to get the blogging going again.

So, Winter Wonderland. Hmm. I wish I had had this little outfit finished a week ago, when we had a ton of snow and ice here in NY - that would have made for pretty Wonderland pictures. But, instead, I finished the binding just this morning, on a rainy, miserable day and we're stuck taking badly lit, indoor pics. But hopefully they're clear enough to show the outfit well.


I've had this sparkly Paris fabric sitting here for months, wondering what to do with just a smidge under a yard of it. And a few weeks ago, I picked up almost a yard of the grey/silver chevron from the remnants bin at Joann's.
It turned out I had just enough to make the Party Dress free pattern from A Cottage Home!

I used the bodice pieces for size 4, and made the skirt the length of fabric I had left, which ended up being perfect with the band of chevron added at the bottom. I also added pockets to the side seams (a big hit with Pooka!)




Then, for the little bolero, I used some scraps of anti-pill fleece and traced a shirt that fits a little loosely. I had ONE Eiffel Tower left intact, so appliquéed it onto one sleeve of the bolero to "tie them together". Finally I used a pretty satin bias binding to finish the bolero, extending it to create ties, and finished the armholes of the dress in the same.

I love how this outfit turned out and can't wait for her to wear it








18 comments:

  1. That dress is darling! I love the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karly! I love your entry - best of luck!!

      Delete
  2. Love the silver and the Paris print with it is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valinda :-). Hopefully it looks "icy" enough to be Winter Wonderland-esque!

      Delete
  3. I've seen a Paris Print before, but not one with sparkles. Cute fabric for a darling dress.
    Deborah
    sewmuchtogive.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah! It's from Hobby Lobby and came in a bag of remnants. I wasn't sure if I liked it's sparkle at first but am thrilled with the end result :-).

      Delete
  4. So fun! Twirly skirts on little girls are always adorable! And I love how the bolero turned out too. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diana! I love your owly PJs too :-)

      Delete
  5. This is such a great winter wonderland look.
    with love,
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Paris fabric is great and I absolutely adore the bolero.

    ReplyDelete