Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Project Run & Play Week 4 - Signature Style

This is sort of a resolution of what my style will/should be, moving forward. 
I want to really focus on creating some great solid, timeless patterns that can be used as they are, or can be a base for whatever embellishment works for a certain occasion.
So this is my first piece drafted with that goal in mind.
(Static electricity and a snotty nose were against us today, but we persevered)




The details of the design;

- fully lined

- boat neck

- 3/4 length sleeves

- knee length

- a-line skirt

- and it's in a lightweight knit, as I'm sure you could tell :)



I also added three rows of ruffles, beginning just below the waist (see - first embellishment). I didn't hem the ruffles since the knit doesn't fray.



I've also used this pattern to make some shirts for Pooka and am planning lots more dresses too.


I'm really pleased with the fit; fitted, but not tight, shoulder seams hit at the shoulder and although the neckline is relatively high, it still pulls on over her head easily.

SHE loves it because it's super comfy for running & jumping & climbing.



I made her leg warmers too - she has about ten pairs and loves them.

The scarf, I knit for myself and we just threw it on for a few pics. 



If you haven't already done so, head over now to vote for the three incredible finalists in Project Run & Play!



Now I'm off to sew and craft my heart out for a certain someone's upcoming 3rd birthday!


10 comments:

  1. I love the shape of this dress and the color too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! It's definitely your style! I love how those dresses always turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that definitely looks comfy and the proportions look great on her. I'd totally dig making this style dress.

    Mae
    The Life Of A Compulsive Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mae! It's so easy to wear & dress up or down :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks so comfortable and pretty! You did a great job drafting the pattern yourself!

    ReplyDelete